Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Type: Full Time
Categories: Key Stage 1
Teach Now are seeking a strong, experienced Learning Support Assistant to work with focused groups in year 1, in a 2 form entry school in Finchley Central to start after October half term. The school is a short walk away from Finchley Central Station should you need to take public transport and they also have a car park. The school is a lovely place to work with an extremely friendly and supportive team. The school was rated ‘Good’ in their most recent Ofsted report. They are looking for a diligent and experienced individual who has experience working with children who have fallen behind with the rest of the classes level of work, with some challenging behavior. You must be confident with your behavior management skills and happy to take on a challenge. Liaising with teachers and careers is vital for a smooth transition to and from school every day so you must be organised.
The school is a two-form entry primary school in the London Borough of Barnet and is a non-denominational community school where boys and girls of many different faiths and cultures learn happily together. There are lovely, well maintained gardens to the front. At the school we work hard as a team to encourage children to be happy and successful during this important stage in their learning. They believe that every child and adult has an important contribution to make to the life of the School. Our Mission Statement “Everybody Can Be Somebody” reflects our School’s friendly atmosphere and open management where everyone is valued and all views are welcome. The schools most recent Ofsted they received ‘Good’
Qualifications are not required for this role
The school are looking for individuals that are:
- Experienced and have knowledge of the KS1 curriculum
- Experienced supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis.
- Committed to a long-term position and the well-being of a young children.
- Professional and patient
- Have an understanding of sensory needs and how behaviour is affected by surroundings.
- Able to devise a programme and run interventions on your own initiative.
- Able to provide emotional and academic support.
- Experienced liaising with the senior leadership team, parents and external organisations.
looking for individuals have:
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Competitive rates
- CPD training
- Working alongside a supportive team
- Having a designated and committed consultant to support you through your role
- An excellent referral bonus scheme
If this role sounds interesting to you and you feel you have all the above qualities, then please submit your up to date CV and Joseph will be in touch with you.
Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you!