Are you looking for an invigorating and rewarding role in education? Do you have a passion for providing the best possible environment for pupils with special needs?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you!
We are currently recruiting a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to join a vibrant and welcoming primary school in Barking and Dagenham. The successful candidate will play a key role in helping to ensure that the pupils with special needs in the school are provided with a safe, supportive and inspiring learning environment.
This is a full-time role and the successful candidate will be required to work from 08:30 until 15:45
The successful candidate will join a supportive and dedicated team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of pupils with special needs. The Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant will be responsible for providing direct support to the pupils, as well as providing additional support to the classroom teachers.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong understanding of the needs of children with special educational needs and to have a good working knowledge of the national curriculum.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience working with children with special needs and/or challenging behaviour
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A good understanding of the national curriculum
• An understanding of the Ofsted framework
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
• A good understanding of IT systems and applications
• A commitment to promoting the school’s values and ethos
This role offers a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of pupils with special educational needs and to be part of a highly successful and supportive school team.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• A competitive salary
• A supportive and friendly working environment
• The opportunity to work in a beautiful primary school in Barking and Dagenham
• Professional development and training opportunities
• The chance to make a real difference in the lives of the pupils
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send us your CV detailing your experience and suitability for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!