A Special educational Primary School, who are committed to working in partnership with families to provide an individualized and enjoyable learning experience for all children. Their vision is to foster an environment where children can develop effective communication skills, gain independence, have their mental, emotional, and physical health nurtured, and cultivate a sense of identity and belonging within the school community and beyond.
The school is seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to support students with special educational needs across various year groups. The role involves working closely with teachers, SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Coordinators), and other professionals to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for all students in line with the school’s vision.
Provide individualized support to students with special educational needs, ensuring their participation and engagement in classroom activities.
Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and behaviour management strategies tailored to each student’s requirements.
Collaborate with teachers and other staff members to adapt learning materials and activities to meet the diverse needs of students.
Foster a positive and supportive atmosphere to encourage the social and emotional development of students with SEN.
Monitor and record the progress of students, providing feedback to the SENCO and teachers as necessary.
Assist in the preparation of specialized resources and materials for classroom use.
Support students during therapy sessions, interventions, or additional educational programs as directed by the SENCO or teachers.
Maintain effective communication with parents/guardians, providing updates on student progress and discussing strategies for continued support at home.
- Previous experience working with children or individuals with special educational needs is highly desirable.
- Relevant qualifications or training in SEN support or education assistance would be beneficial.
- Patience, empathy, and excellent communication skills are essential for building positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and follow instructions from teachers and SENCOs.
- Understanding of different learning styles and the ability to adapt teaching methods accordingly.
- Commitment to promoting an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students in line with the Northway Vision.
How to apply?
If you want to apply, please contact Coral on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.