An Enfield Secondary School is currently seeking a dedicated and dynamic Music Teacher to join its team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about music education and inspiring young minds in the vibrant community of Enfield. As a Music Teacher, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to share their expertise, cultivate creativity, and foster a love for music among students.
- Planning and delivering engaging music lessons that cater to the diverse needs and abilities of secondary school students.
- Teaching music theory, history, and appreciation alongside practical skills such as instrument playing and vocal techniques.
- Fostering a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel encouraged to explore their musical talents and express themselves creatively.
- Organizing and facilitating rehearsals for school musical ensembles, such as choirs, bands, and orchestras.
- Collaborating with colleagues to integrate music into cross-curricular activities and school events.
- Assessing student progress through ongoing evaluation and feedback, and maintaining accurate records of achievement.
- Participating in departmental meetings, professional development opportunities, and extracurricular activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Education, Music Performance, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent certification.
- Experience teaching music at the secondary school level, with a strong understanding of the UK national curriculum.
- Proficiency in playing and teaching a variety of musical instruments, as well as conducting vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate students of all backgrounds.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development in the field of music education.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Teach-Now directly. All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education. Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you.
Teach Now operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination. Teach Now is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Clearance.