At Teach Now, we are proud to partner with an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted-rated school located in Haringey, London. Renowned for excellent attendance, robust support systems, and well-behaved students, our school fosters a diverse and inclusive atmosphere. Committed to providing exceptional support and opportunities for both students and staff, we are now seeking a dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our dynamic team.
Job Description: Teaching Assistant (Year 4 – Child with Global Delay)
As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting a Year 4 student with Global Delay. Your passion, patience, and hands-on approach will contribute to maintaining a positive and enriching learning environment for the student.
- Familiarity with the characteristics and manifestations of Global Delay.
Understanding of the impact of Global Delay on various development areas, including cognitive, physical, social, and emotional needs.
Patience and Empathy:
- Patience is a key requirement due to the slower progress and longer task completion times associated with Global Delay.
- Develop empathy to connect with the child on an emotional level and understanding of their unique challenges.
- Tailor teaching methods and instructional materials to suit the child’s learning style and pace.
- Flexibility to modify lessons and activities to accommodate the child’s specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Clear and open communication with the child, using simple language and visual aids to enhance understanding.
- Effective communication with parents and colleagues to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to the child’s care and education.
- Awareness of sensory sensitivities associated with Global Delay.
- Create an environment that accommodates sensory needs and minimizes potential triggers.
How to Apply:
Ready to be a crucial part of a transformative educational journey? Send your CV and a heartfelt cover letter outlining your experience and dedication to Joshua at email@example.com. For further information or to discuss the role, call 020 4538 7499 and ask for Joshua.
Teach Now is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our commitment to providing quality education for children with SEND.