At Teach Now, we’ve specialised in recruiting Teachers and Support Staff across Hertfordshire and North and East London, so we know a lot about finding the ideal school for you. We’re currently recruiting for a 1:1 TA on behalf of a lovely special school in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
Start date: ASAP
As an LSA, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our students with complex needs, particularly those with ASD and ADHD. This role is to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in reception who is non-verbal. Therefore, a good understanding of how to communicate with non-verbal children is essential. PECS/MAKATON would be a great bonus! Your main responsibilities will include supporting this child with their work and personal development in addition to offering general support across classes, helping to implement tailored strategies for behavior management, and ensuring a safe and inclusive learning atmosphere for all students.
– Support: Provide dedicated support to a reception child who is non-verbal
– Behavior Management: Implement effective strategies to manage challenging behaviors and create a positive and structured learning environment.
– Curriculum Support: Assist in delivering and adapting the curriculum to meet the unique needs of the students.
– Social and Emotional Development: Help students develop essential social and emotional skills, fostering a sense of well-being.
– Collaboration: Work closely with teachers, therapists, and other support staff to create a holistic and inclusive educational experience.
– Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of student progress and behavior, assisting in the development of Educational Health Care Plans and Individual Education Plans.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Previous experience working with students with ASD and ADHD, including those with challenging behaviour, is essential.
Understanding of the complexities of autism spectrum disorders and ADHD.
Strong behavior management skills as many of the kids will display challenging behaviour
Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
A genuine passion for supporting the development of students with special educational needs.
A willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS check if you don’t already have one.
How to Apply:
If you are an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with the background and skills needed to support our students with ASD and ADHD, please send your CV highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.