An esteemed educational institution in Hemel, Hertfordshire, is currently seeking compassionate individuals to join our team as Learning Support Assistants (LSAs). This role offers a rewarding opportunity to contribute to the educational development and well-being of students in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to provide individualized support to students, assisting with understanding instructions, fostering independence, and promoting inclusivity.
- Offer feedback to teachers and Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCO) to aid in student progress monitoring and support planning.
- Maintain a positive learning environment by implementing behavior management strategies and keeping students engaged in learning activities.
- Support the social and emotional well-being of students, promptly reporting any concerns to the appropriate staff members.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of learning materials, including classroom displays and presentation of student work.
- Maintain accurate records of student data and progress.
- Engage students in learning through play and facilitate activities during break times to encourage social interaction and physical activity.
- Accompany students on educational outings, ensuring their safety and participation throughout.
- Provide support to students in using basic ICT tools as part of their learning experience.
- Assist students with personal care tasks as required, encouraging independence while providing necessary support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience working with children or in an educational setting is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine interest in supporting the learning and well-being of students.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Basic proficiency in ICT tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and follow instructions from teaching staff.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Teach-Now directly. All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education. Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you.
Teach Now operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination. Teach Now is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Clearance.