Position: Teaching Assistant
Contract: Full time
Start Date: 04/03/2021
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Hours of work: 8.15am to 4.15pm, Monday to Friday (term time only).
Contact Name: Leah Hope
About the Role:
You will be working one-to-one with a year 1 on Autism Spectrum. The young boy has no behaviour difficulties but requires guidance to remain focused on the tasks assigned by the teacher. They require emotional support and can be distressed easily, so patience is a key for the role.
My client a vibrant, happy, and inclusive two form entry school that serves the local community that is rich in diversity. They aim to ensure that all pupils at school have the highest aspirations, attain their full potential, and enjoy learning in a school that is stimulating, challenging and creative. Inclusion is at the heart of their school and school believes that every child has the right to be successful, confident, and well-prepared for the world.
· Be highly motivated, passionate, and committed to providing high quality learning opportunities in an inclusive environment
· Be committed to ensuring all children make good progress socially, emotionally, and academically
· Have QTS and a strong knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
· Confident to ensure the child is working towards their target by following their IEP
· Able to deal with the child’s anxiety and other emotional struggle
· Dedicated, experienced and passionate teaching
· Able to commit for the duration of the placement
· Creative and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning whilst using effective behaviour management techniques
· Honest and compassionate
· Happy to complete training to further develop their knowledge and understanding in education
Our client can offer you:
· Well behaved children who are keen to learn and a pleasure to teach
· A happy working environment with a supportive and hardworking team of staff
· An opportunity to develop professionally
· A school that values creative individuals and supports a cross curricular and creative learning approach
· A school which puts the interests of the children and their families first in all that we do
Why work via Teach-Now?
Teach-Now are a widely recognised, education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
· Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
· Offer an excellent ‘refer a friend’ scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
· Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
· Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our in-house team of experienced senior leaders
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Teach-Now directly. All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education. Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you.
Teach Now operates stringent safer recruitment procedures
We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination. Teach Now is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Clearance.