Teach Now are looking for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to work in a primary school in the area of Highbury, North London. This is a long term role to commence from September 2022 and will run until the academic year with the possibility to go permanent after that.
The school is one that is bursting of energy and inclusivity is at the core of it’s ethos. It serves the local community as a beacon of diversity and enables each child to embrace their culture whilst learning about others. Stimulative and creative, they believe all students have the right to be successful and are well prepared for the world ahead.
This is a full-time role and daily responsibilities would be to support a girl who is 7 years old and has down syndrome. She loves to draw and has a keen interest in fashion. The day will start from 8:30 as 1:1 assistance is required from 9:00 and will end at 15:30.
The chosen candidate must be able to commit to the role as continuity is key.
Individuals that are:
· Confident in ensuring the child works towards their target by following their IEP
· Able to adapt to all behavioural patterns
· Dedicated, experience and passionate about SEN
· Creative and effective in their approach to teaching
· Open to engaging in further training in order to develop knowledge and understanding
· DBS checked or happy to complete one
Successful candidates will benefit from:
· CPD Training
· A supportive team
· Having a designated and committed consultant for support
· Competitive rates
Being that difference to a child’s daily education is more than rewarding and a privilege in itself. If this role is perfect and you feel you have the above qualities, then please reply to this advert with your most updated CV and Dimitri will be in touch with you.
I look forward to hearing from you, good luck!