A primary school based in Wood Green, Haringey, are looking to recruit a teaching assistant to support an SEN child in one of their Early Years classes. This role is to work with an lovely girl with ASD who is non-verbal, therefore previous experience in a similar role or knowledge of Makaton is essential. This is a long-term, full-time role that will commence in September of 2022.
The school was graded “Good” in their most recent OFSTED inspection. The school in a wonderful and inclusive school with a richly diverse intake of students and staff from different cultures.
The chosen candidate must be able to completely commit to the role as consistency is key.
The school are looking for individuals who have:
· Knowledge of the EYFS National Curriculum
· Ability to assist and assess effectively SEN pupils
· Good behavioural management strategies
· Ability to be creative and manage, motivate and inspire young children with additional needs
· Ability to liaise with multi-professionals and the room leader
· Able to commit for the duration of the placement
· Creative, enthusiastic, patient and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning
· Happy to complete training to further develop their knowledge and understanding
· Enhanced DBS certificate or willing to complete one
Successful candidates will benefit from:
· Competitive rates
· CPD training
· Working alongside a supportive team
· Having a designated consultant who will commit to you and support you throughout your role and advice you with lesson plans, behaviour management strategies and your application
· An excellent referral bonus scheme
If this role is of interest to you and would like more information, please contact Nick at Teach Now on email@example.com / 02083715905 and he will be in touch or you can apply directly to this advert.
Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you!